Counseling is most effective when you participate in regular sessions, typically once per week. In some circumstances more or less frequent sessions may be appropriate. Individual sessions are 50 minutes in duration. Counseling sessions for couples and families may be scheduled up to 90 minutes. Schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
$150 per 50-minute session.
As an out-of-network provider, services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. You will pay for services in full then receive a superbill (itemized form listing services and fees paid) to submit to your insurer for reimbursement.
Please check your coverage carefully. Here are some questions you may want to ask your insurer:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Do you reimburse for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover for out-of-network providers?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session for out-of-network providers?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- What forms do I need to submit for reimbursement?
- Where can I obtain those forms?
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not provided advance notice of at least 24 hours, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session. Insurance will not reimburse for missed appointments.
Confidentiality & Privacy
The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission. Exceptions include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, the law provides permissions for me to enlist the assistance of others to ensure the client's safety.
Questions? Please call me at 424-703-4007 or schedule an appointment for a free consultation.